Saturday, October 12, 2019

I'm Back & Painting, Playing with Mixed Media, Creating Assemblages & More!

 Holbein inks and Sennelier shellac-based inks are fun to work with. I wanted to create some cool collage papers with them.
 
The 13 Holbein drawing inks are waterproof and come with droppers in the screw-on tops. Some are transparent, some opaque.
Sennelier shellac-based inks have a transparent, satin finish and thin with water, if you can believe that!

For the first example shown below, I worked on acrylic paper from a pad, spraying a little purple fluid acrylic from a spray bottle. Then I used the applicator tip of the Carmine color of Holbein ink. It's a powerful pigment! Then I let that dry.

tute, tutorial, how-to
I actually liked this first step better than the result later.
Next, I created a few puddles of rubbing alcohol and added alcohol ink. The effect, shown below:
Guhin, blog
I do like the colors together.

Thanks for viewing Mixed Media Manic!
 
(Full disclosure: This post is derived from a much earlier one. And new stuff is coming, I promise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!