CALL IT WHAT YOU MAY, TO MARBLEIZE OR TO CREATE A MARBLING EFFECT IS EASY!
This is a simple, lovely way to make your own decorative paper.
Supplies and Materials:
- Large shallow pan (but I used a sheet of aluminum foil!)
- Cheap shaving cream
- A spatula and/or a knife
- Alcohol inks (or experiment with fluid acrylics or other inks!)
- White or light-colored papers
- Spread a layer of shaving cream about the size of your paper.
- Dot the ink or inks of your choice on top. Here I used alcohol inks, below.
- Cut the knife through the shaving cream and the dots, dragging them into a swirling pattern.
|By using the spatula FLAT, I rather messed up!|
- Lay clean paper over the design and press down for good contact. Let sit for a moment. Then peel the paper off from one edge to the other.
|Alcohol inks may provide less graphic results.|
- You will need to scrape off the excess shaving cream. SAVE the excess with the remainder of your used shaving cream, and you can do it all over again with more ink dots and another sheet of paper!