Sunday, October 27, 2019

Wide Acrylic Painting with Several Techniques

I HAD A WIDE CANVAS
and wanted to paint over the previous work.
 
First I did a quick, light wash over most of the unwanted painting with diluted white gesso.
 
 
 
 
 
When dry, I painted thick swatches of paint as shown below.
Work quickly now!
 I used Pthalo blue and burnt sienna liquid
airbrush colors, fluid transparent
 Pyrrole Orange, and a couple other
purple and blue colors.
 
Next, before the paints could dry, I used a spray bottle of water, and tilted the canvas to encourage blending and running.
Blue and orange are complements.

Painting techniques that might enhance this piece are spattering, blown ink lines, and/or freehand mark-making. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!