Sunday, October 20, 2019

VINTAGE ANATOMY CHART AS COLLAGE BACKGROUND

I altered a large, old school science chart & it was fun!

This mixed-media project was a blast to complete. I used acrylic paint, other mediums, metal bits, clockworks, fibers, found images, and so much more. (See the finished work following some details.)
 
Coils & gadgets & more!
(Detail.)
The organic shapes of rubber bands (see directly below) reminded me of cells or organs inside the body.      
Detail.
Another close-up.


Fibers & pics from an anatomy book.
(Detail.)

At last, here's the completed piece, below.
 
 
Thanks for viewing! - Paula
 
 


3 comments:

  1. welcome back :) - I somehow missed seeing your posts. This one is just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meera. I missed you too, and look forward to more from you!

      Delete
  2. Not a textbook, hon. A very large vintage anatomy chart.

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!