Sunday, October 13, 2019

NON-OBJECTIVE GRID PAINTING WITH SEVERAL TECHNIQUES

LARGE ACRYLIC PAINTING WITH TEXTURE
 
This could also be called an abstract painting, I suppose, if I had used a landscape as my inspiration. Do YOU see it as a simplified scene?
 
I often use a grid system to keep my composition pleasing. Check out the horizontals and verticals in the artwork below.
The finished painting.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Detail. I repeated drips elsewhere on the canvas, too.
 
 
Another technique I used was to apply very thick paint with a painting knife in a few swoops to lead the eye. You can see them in the top picture.
 
Here's a close-up of scratching that's not too visible in the large photo.


Thanks for viewing this! I appreciate you.
Paula



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!