Use the papers as artworks in themselves, or as backgrounds or collage elements in other works.
- Absorbent, smooth watercolor paper
- Liquid fabric dyes
- Leaves with prominent veins
- Pane of glass or plexi, and heavy books
- Arrange a variety of leaves (different sizes and shapes) on a pre-dampened sheet of watercolor paper. Add a few grasses here and there if you like.
- Flood the paper with vivid, beautiful colors of liquid fabric dye. (Liquid watercolor paints or inks work, too.) Select a few colors, lighter and darker, that work well together.
- Place the sheet of glass on top, and a heavy book to weigh it down. Let dry overnight. Try several of these, since results can be mixed.
Be sure to check out my previous post on how to select a fabulous colour scheme! And please see my photo blog on Tumblr, I Luv Photography!