Saturday, August 6, 2011

Using Paste Wax as a Resist

I painted a metallic peachy color on watercolor paper using acrylics first. When that was dry, I applied regular ol' Johnsons Paste Wax in swirly shapes. Then I painted more acrylics in two other colors and allowed them to dry. Finally I wiped off the paste wax and admired my newly-decorated paper!
Now for a shameless plug: Watch for my book called Creating Decorative Papers, to be published by Stackpole in 2012!






                                                                       Brought to you by 

1 comment:

  1. Oh this I have to try! And I have paste wax! (don't ask me why because I have wall to wall carpeting - our old house didn't so this came along when we moved out here) My husband will spend another evening scratching his head as he wonders what I am up to:)

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!