Saturday, January 17, 2015

MORE ART PRODUCTS & EFFECTS ON A WET SURFACE

In the previous post here, you'll find visual texture effects and more on watercolor paper. Today we'll use the same type of watercolor paper to experiment dry-on-wet with a number of waterbased products. If paper becomes too dry, re-spray with water as needed.

art+blog, Guhin
Water soluble art media
Scrape dry pigment from color sticks with a knife, or rub the color over rough sandpaper. As you'll learn, I only had really good luck with the latter with one of the  the above water-soluble materials. (But that's just me.)

#1 is Cretacolor wax crayons with
knife scrapings onto a wet strip.

#2 is Portfolio water soluble oil
pastels (LOVE THEM!)
art, tute, tutorial
The last two are my favorite effects here.


#3 is Weber Costello WaterCrayons...
do they even make them anymore?


#4, I used Crayola Watercolor
Colored Pencils for a
fine, misty effect
in water.


#5 was done with shavings of
Neocolor II Watersolubles.

And do try dropping dry
crystals and concentrates
on damp paper.
Order it here!
 Brusho is still my all-time
"bombastic" product for
a strong pigment on
a wet surface...it blooms
beautifully! Love it! See Dyes
in Dry Form in my book,
CREATING DECORATIVE
PAPER


art+blog
I "heart" my followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!