Saturday, April 26, 2014

CREATE LIGHTCATCHERS with TRANSPARENCIES

Hang these sun catchers in a window for maximum effect!
Materials:
        1.  A photograph printed on a transparency
          2.  Assorted beads, feathers, charms, etc.
          3. Jewelry findings and tools
          4. Ornate picture frame of your choice
 
Paula Guhin, tutorial, how-to
Note the leaves, star, moons, and color choices!
 
 
How To:
         1. Select an image that's not too dark over-all. The two photos shown here were my own, original pictures. Print the transparency sized with your frame in mind, if you already have one. I bought both metal frames shown here at a thrift shop for pennies.
          2. I add my enhancements (bits of old costume jewelry, etc.) to the frame before I go on to the next step. TIP: I choose bead colors and bits and bobs that fit my theme!
          3. Be sure you have a hanging device, too. Above, the gold tassel works.
          4. Cut the image to fit and glue it into the frame with the shiny side of the transparency to the front.
mixed-media, lightcatcher
Even a heritage image works! See the tiny clock?
art, book
Buy it here!
These projects and many more appear in the Kindle edition of the very reasonably-priced book, Adventures in Photo Artistry! 

        
 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful suncatchers, Paula! I love them! For attaching transparencies I usually use gel medium or my xyron. I'm going to try some of your little 'catchers! Thanks, doll!

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!