Thursday, January 19, 2017

ACCENT LINES WITH THE THREAD TECHNIQUE

This simple non-objective painting (done with acrylics) needed a finishing element or two, so I
painted a piece of sewing thread and dropped
it onto the surface in a couple of places.
painting, P.Guhin
Pretty much primary colors!
Originally intended as a background for collage, and who knows?
Maybe I'll still use it that way!   Here's a link to a more interesting mixed-media work I did with the same thread method: http://mixedmediamanic.blogspot.com/2015/06/paint-curly-lines-with-thread-wild.html

2 comments:

  1. So fun! in similar vein, recently I saw art work done by dropping hair -- wish I could remember the name of the artist. It was only hair arranged/or dropped on white background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, Meera, you could get hair from a hairdresser! Cool.

      Delete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!