Sunday, April 17, 2016

FLORAL COLLAGE - PAINTING WITH COMPLEMENTS

A MIXED-MEDIA PIECE FOR SPRING!
Intermediate colors found opposite each other on the color wheel are some of my fave pairs to paint with. In this instance, red-violet and yellow-green make a striking combo in my opinion, especially with the addition of black and white.

collage, painting
A single ply of a printed paper napkin was used at right.
Scumbling loosely is a technique I really like with acrylics...love soft edges. Right now I'm working on another floral still life, very different from this, but with another pair of complementary intermediate colors!

4 comments:

  1. I like the colors together. Nice work, Paula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, thanks and I mean it...your opinion is valued as the great artist you are!
      Paula

      Delete
  2. Love it! It captures the essence of spring perfectly and the colors are luscious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn, you are always so kind. I do love those colors, and I have lilacs in my back yard!
      Paula

      Delete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!