Saturday, July 4, 2015

LOOSEN UP! ABSTRACTION TECHNIQUES

Do you want to work less realistically and more abstractly? Letting go takes practice. Open up with these ideas.

Base an artwork on a piece of one of your own sketches. Here's one of mine, below, which I cut into sections.
how-to, tutorialdrawing, Guhin
On pastels paper, using water-soluble oil pastels, I made the quick abstraction below based on just one of the pieces.
tute, techniqe
Here's another way to find abstract compositions: Cut out just a small portion of a magazine photo, as I did below. 

pastels, how-toThen I played with soft pastels
(Rembrandt is an excellent brand).
Be loose...you're not trying to be exact!
Guhin
I'm not crazy about the red in the center!
 


art+blog, mixed-media

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!