Thursday, November 29, 2012

Arts and Crafts are Alive In Mexico!

I'm still smiling from a lovely week in La Paz, Mexico. Be sure to get there soon, while it's still relatively unspoiled. I stayed in a wonderful inn near the beach, and loved the basin in my room.
Arts and Crafts in Mexico
A work of art and fine craftsmanship!

Along the Malecon I saw this giant sculpture made entirely of discarded plastic bottles. What a great visual to remind us of the importance of reusable water bottles.
Sculpture
Shark Sculpture










I took a day trip to Todos Santos, where I found this marvelous wooden shutter made of twigs, below.
Arts in Mexico
Weathered twig assemblage.          

Fell in love with  a ceramic mask, below,
and could not resist a Day of the
Dead magnet!                               
bread dough art
It's made of bread dough!
Mexican arts and crafts
Ceramic mask purchased in a Todos Santos gallery.

Todos Santos
Inside the Todos Santos Church
Todos Santos

art blogmixed media, mixed media blog

3 comments:

  1. Sound like a great vacation. Finding treasures, in another country, makes for a great experience.
    Barb
    North Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thanks to Bren and Anonymous for commenting...I had been wondering if something was wrong with my site, and whether comments were disabled, but now I know they're not! Thanks, you two.

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!