Thursday, September 22, 2011

Aluminum Tape as a Decorative Feature

This self-adhesive stuff is a great way to add texture to a collage/painting. As you can see in the first photo, the roll I bought at a home-improvement store came with "writing" in red. (Gesso can cover any logo or words later.)


I placed this piece of the tape upside-down on a cushion of paper towels so I could press a design into it with a dull pencil. Instant embossing!




You can cut the aluminum tape into strips or use paper punches on it, too!


On this decorative paper, I first used some of my cut tape as stencils as I spray painted the card stock.
When the spray paint was dry, I removed them and applied painted strips. (Spatter was last.)



                                                                       
                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!