Tuesday, March 24, 2020

HOW TO PAINT A TIE-DYE EFFECT ON CANVAS SHOES

PAINTING FOOTWEAR WITH A SPLASHY TECHNIQUE
 
Look closely to find where I forgot to remove some tape before taking the photo.
MATERIALS:
Shoes
Tape (masking)
Water
Brushes
Fluid acrylics
A palette
A flow aid (optional)

I used inexpensive canvas tennies (trainers? sneakers?) in white, 
but any light color will work.
First, tuck the laces inside the shoes.

Tape off the outsole if you don't want to get paint on it.
 

For a soft, tie-dyed effect, wet the canvas first with clear water 
(I used a clean paint brush).
 I applied the acrylics (mixed with a flow aid) with the tips of
brushes, working quickly before the canvas dried.


 When I was done, I upended the shoes onto heavy tumblers
and let them dry thoroughly.
I hope this has inspired you to try your own fancy footwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!