Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Assemblage, The Legend of Theseus

The myth of the Minotaur always fascinated me, and I had this boy doll, see. Found a single bookend (not a pair, mind you!) with a bull on it, and then a wooden shelf-hanging thing at the thrift shop. I had to take out one of the shelves, then add my very own "grotto" or cave from the labyrinth. Foam insulation from a can did the trick.
Some cutting, glueing, and painting ensued, as well as a few Halloween decorations and yes, those tiny swords that spear olives in a bar! Not that I drink or anything, heh heh.

copyrighted, art+blog
Lots of texture!
This can be wall-hung or free-standing. Why not try your own interpretation of a myth or legend? Pick one that really inspires you!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Meera! Happy holidays.
      Paula

      Delete
  2. Happy Holidays ! Just wanted to let you know that I have a link to your book and blog in my latest blog post :) https://artbymeera.blogspot.com/2016/12/mixing-up-media.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. I just tried to reply twice...talk about overkill. Hope it's okay to reciprocate your kindness on my own blog.

      Delete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!