- If at all possible, don't trace. You'll learn with drawing practice...the more the better. Tracing is often a crutch.
- DO substitute materials and use what you have on hand. Save our resources, don't waste. Such experimentation with media, tools, substrates and more may lead to some pleasant surprises!
- Don't rely on reference photos if you can help it. Draw from life or your own imagination.
- Pretty or cute aren't necessary in an artwork. Nor is "whimsical."
- DO explore outside your comfort zone. And play, play, play!
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Today's post is about some of the things that I, as a visual arts educator, believe in. You may not agree with everything here, and that's okay, but I feel each of the following.