Monday, June 30, 2014

ASSEMBLAGE w/ PLASTER OF PARIS FLOWERS


A SHRINE ENTITLED 
LOOSE IS THE GRASP
 
This found-object sculpture is not really a shadowbox, exactly, but I would call it an altered art assemblage.
 
found+objects, sculpture, shrine
I dipped fabric flowers in plaster to create the petals.

The top arch (behind the flowers) is a metal soap dish. I applied a 
patina to it.
assemblage, altered
Yes, plaster flowers are quite fragile, but I painted and sealed them.

 
The housing was a clock at one time. Now it has a crackle finish. The doll hands did not go with the doll head.


The neck "ruffle" was a metal cog of some kind. Below that, 2 brownie or girl scout pins and a
coin, again with patina.

I repeated the arch, sort of, inside the box and behind
the big doll head, with another metal arch (latticed) and a painted porcelain medallion (the small head).
 
P. Guhin
Thanks for viewing this post!
 

2 comments:

  1. Clever. I like the way you can fit all sorts of objects into your art. You have an eye. I like the plaster flowers. Can you do that to other objects?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see why not, especially if they don't have fine details that would be obscured by the plaster. And if they are rigid it would help, and receptive (not too slick). Great idea to try!

      Delete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!