Saturday, December 7, 2013

IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!

Christmas
holiday, ornament, vintage
Yep, those darn wings are everywhere!


Shown here, both sides of an ornament done on a store-bought cardboard heart. Collaged papers & acrylics.
Next up, an ornament that can double as a wind chime! 
First, you need decorative tins, sooo cheap at thrift
shops. 
holiday, Christmas
Brightly colored tin containers.
You also need tin snips, glass beads, findings, ribbon, needle-nose 
pliers, & a small file.
Christmas, how-to, craft
Materials & tools for creating a Christmas hanging.


P.Guhin, tute, tutorial
You can even collage the back if you like!
TIP: Be sure to file the sharp edges and burrs to a smooth finish.

Finally, here's a link to a Christmas collage that is so easy to do! 
And I love the stained-glass effect:  Madonna

Have a blessed holiday and thanks for following my blog!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! You did a wonderful job of making the ornament look aged! Since I love windchimes and tins I am over the moon with your Christmas tin wind chimes! I don't know if I'll have time this year with other stuff I have to do. But, I have my theme for next Christmas chosen so I will make one for next year. Also, it would be great to make anytime with other images/colors. Thanks for the terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are, Shauna...make one anytime with other motifs! What is your Christmas theme going to be next year, and what is it this year? I loooove Christmas!

      Delete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!