Sunday, August 14, 2016

SQUEEZE-BOTTLE LINES WITH "COLORED" GESSO

A MONOCHROMATIC EXERCISE
Gesso has enough body and tooth to use as a barrier to hold in wet media. 
gesso, painting
I made my own black and gray gessos.
A clean squeeze bottle served me well for "drawing" the shapes. I also filled in some areas. Then I let the design dry overnight, before painting.
painting, Guhin
This study was finished with fluid black acrylic and water.
The water and paint stayed within the confines of the slightly raised gesso lines. This exercise might be good for middle schoolers or beginners at the high school level. Art teachers could substitute watercolors at the painting stage if desired. Students should create their own designs rather than relying on this "Pebble" motif, of course.
Guhin
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!