Saturday, July 9, 2016

EVOLUTION OF AN EXPLORATION

THREE TECHNIQUES IN AN EXPERIMENTAL PAINTING

It's not that I think the final product is so terrific. As you've likely heard before, it's the process!
 
First, I just played around with warm colors of acrylic paint on canvas, creating non-objective shapes.
art+blog
This is only Step 1!
Next, I grabbed a Pilot metallic marker in gold. I'm not one to go for glitter or glitz, normally, but I did like the shine with my color scheme. I drew lines and scribbled here and there. Not done yet, though.
art, techniques
Step 2, a gold metallic marker.
Thirdly, I mixed clear tar gel with red and umber acrylics (lots of them, to make the mixture more opaque). I filled a clean squeeze bottle with the mixture and went to town.
But wait, there's more! To add more interest, I pulled the tines of a fork through the dark brown in six or seven places.
Guhin, art+experiment
End result...and the tar gel added a slightly raised texture.
Do try scribbling with a shiny metallic marker, or squeezing a tar gel mixture, or combing through with a fork...great techniques! 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!