Sunday, January 31, 2016

MAJOR TEXTURE IS EASY IN A COLLAGE / PAINTING

And this technique re-uses unwanted paintings, too!

Tissues and rice papers can be torn and adhered, wrinkles and all. I actually used acrylic paint as my glue!

art+blog,mixed-media
My very rough first step.
Such papers are very absorbent, so do wait for the first stage to dry and seal with clear acrylic medium if desired. I did!
Then I painted in a layer of several colors, again very roughly.

art. blog, painting, collage
Stage 2, still not finished.
A thin wash of dark acrylic paint was added here and there. Finally I scraped with a painting knife and refined somewhat.

art+blog, mixed-media
Not my favorite work, but it reminds me of my travels.
The finished collage - painting.


2 comments:

  1. Cool technique. I actually like each of them on their own, and I can see how they'd be great jumping off points for all sorts of collage pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Wee...you are the best, especially for adding feelgood comments!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Your kindness in leaving a message is greatly appreciated!